Our clients come from all lifestyles, medical backgrounds and living situations. However, the one thing that they have in common is that someone in the family sees the benefit of ongoing exercise.
An older adult is looking for a service such as Tandem Strength & Balance because:
- Their mobility declines without continued help of exercise and that is not how they want to live their life.
- The use of a walker or wheelchair is not something the client wants.
- Exercise has been an important part of their life and they want continued exercise but need assistance.
- They fall frequently and are searching for solutions.
- They are not satisfied with their current mobility level and want to be more independent.
Family members look for Tandem Strength & Balance because:
- They feel their loved one can get better and has more potential if more exercise is implemented.
- They want to save money and they understand the relationship between cost of living and function level.
- They understand the importance of exercise but their loved one will not exercise without assistance and encouragement.
- They are following recommendations of a physician to maintain mobility for their loved one.
- They want the overall benefits of exercise to improve quality of life for their loved one.
- They have an overall concern about their family member’s frequent falls and lessening of ability to live their desired lifestyle.
Whatever the reason for the consultation, the time spent on educating the benefits of LEG STRENGTH is always the same. Leg strength is the KEY to keeping all older adults as INDEPENDENT and MOBILE as possible no matter their age or diagnosis